2013年2月15日金曜日

just a bit of art talk - "What do you find art in photo-real?"

Almost 2 weeks ago, I was doing some live performance of caricature-izing of friends at an party event. Then one asked me,
"Do you also draw exactly like a photograph?"

From the background process of my art foundation, I wound up to that time & back to now & said,
"You might just wanna take a good photo" with smiles.

Some might get it already yeah? :) If you go exactly copying photo, there's not special spice of art in it. We human love to create something exactly like realistic existing. (so-called humans' God-oriented ego) Some struggle to get out of it, and conclusion : headache. YES.

But why this wrong??

You'll be/you've been through that time & find there's much more sense to make it artistic final work for you.

"Photo-copying work and Photo-realistic one are way different."
(写実は模写とは全く異なるものである。)
as one of my professors told me. 

People see it, and get involved. That feels more like art, don't we think?

My respectful prof also said this after some of my questions :
"They people see you in your art. Even if they don't see you in person, they DO."



Just for you as the reference, for your healthier life as an artist.
Let's keep up!

0 件のコメント: